Good Morning,,
Wow! It has been seven weeks since Gary and Morgan made their way with many other couples to Addis, Ababa to pick up our precious Henry and Camille. It has been an honor to be a part of their coming to the USA. Boy does time fly when you are changing diapers, wiping faces, feeding bottles, going to Dr appts. over and over and over and over.... Their are so many who helped.. there are those who prayed, those who had soup supper/bake sale/auctions for us, and those who chose to give a monetary gift. Each day and especially when I look into those beautiful little faces, I am thankful for all who helped and supported us on this adventure. In truth so many are still supporting us. Meet and Greats, Baby showers, surprise gifts arriving in the mail and one women who just handed money to Gary as he walked past her at church. Wow we have been so blessed by everyone. Thank you so much..
So how are the kids doing? They are great. Henry is off O2. PTL!!! He is still a little wet towel.. he just has NO muscle's or tone. He has only gained a half pound since getting here. I know he has been sick but I really expected he would tank it on a bit faster then he is. We tank him full of high calorie food all day and night. Really this just validates that he needs his heart repair. We have scheduled his surgery for December 14th. So little Henry will be enjoying the holiday season from the confines of his own home and the rest of us will be going out as little as possible, in hopes of keeping him well. This means our church family who has been SOOO supportive may not see him in person until after his repair. It was initially discussed that he would have his repair the week before Thanksgiving, the change come because the surgeon is taking several weeks off around that time. So Dec 14th it is. Henry is still very personable.. he is very smart as well. The other day I was holding him and cracked a joke.. he rolled his eyes and chuckeled. So I asked him if he was really four or five to that he again looked at me an chuckeled.. so who knows what my floppy boys DOB really is. For spending all his days in a baby bed he has attached very well and seems to realize at least that I am the head lady in charge and not just any old nanny.
How is Camille? She is also great. Camille is a little rougher around the edges then Henry. Last night my husband took the older five to our friends home they have a Dairy farm and each year have a Fall Festival. That left me with the younger four. So we hunkered down in the Living room and played.. Camille who is short, stalky yet a solid muscle(she must have Henry's tone also) she crawled up the couch then down, up the toddler picnic table that is in the LR for just such a reason then down the other side.. under the picnic table up to Dad's recliner over the side.. ok this might not seem like a big deal to a lot of you, those of you with children that have DS well you will understand. Remember it has been 5 years since I had a plain ol regular kid and well her development just blows me away. Camille is taking longer to feel comfortable.. I do think she thinks I am just another nanny even if she calls me mama. Ocassinally she calls Morgan mama also we agree in her mind we are all just nannies. Last Saturday we did spend the day outside in the sun it seemed to really put her in a better mood. That said I am ready for spring.:):):):):) Or to move to South Carolina!!!!
Overall we are doing well, keeping our heads up anyway.. I am well behind the "proper" timeline in getting my thankyou's out.. sorry... we are busy mainly doing those everyday things.. just in mass quantity.
Have a wonderful weekend.. turn your clocks back and enjoy the season...
Tiffany
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
South Carolina? You'd be back after the first hurricane! There's nothing like the love of the people in the Midwest!
So glad things are going well! We will be praying for the surgery!!!
Hugs and prayers going out to yall!
Blessings,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
I am so glad to hear from you. I am also happy to hear you were able to get Henry's surgery scheduled. We have been praying he would get healthy enough to have it done and will continue to do so!! We are still waiting for a court date. It doesn't look like he will be here before the first of the year but I am trying to be understanding and know that in God's time not mine!! :) I have started a women's Bible study about prayer and it looks like I will really need it!!
Keep me posted.
Sad that I'm getting my info about your family from here...I'll talk with you soon!!! Miss you.
I have a question:
Did you have to do local police clearances for your adoption? I am trying to figure out how to do them in the ST. of Kansas! Thanks.
Love the update!
Post a Comment