Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Yup it's true.

Shortly after my last post. I thought I had pulled something in my back. Couple days on the couch little ibuprophen and well it was tolerable. My oldest Samantha was in bed for that time as well.. truly in bed.....sleeping close to 20 hours a day. She had a sleeping sickness a few years ago so I really thought not a lot of it. So for the next week (as mothers do) it was an up and down sort of thing. I even took a trip to the Chiropractor thinking that would help. By the next Sunday Samantha and I were basically eating and drinking nothing. Our abdominal areas were so tender to breath, touch, cough, nausea and dizziness when standing was the norm then Morgan noticed a yellow sheen about us. Uh oh!!!
The Friday before I had made an Dr. apt for Samantha hoping that would jinx her well, Mon am I made one for myself. We had(as Dr's love) already self diagnosed before we got to the Dr. Hep A was our diagnosis. The Dr said with the jaundice it surely was just which kind. So mother/daughter went to the lab and back home to bed Oh the bonding. The next day the Dr's called to say that Samantha's levels were off the charts and that mine were double hers. So the suggestion was made that she and I go to the Hospital our Dr's work with and do labs. This did not please me because they had said I might need to be admitted and this is not a Hospital you would "choose" to go to. However the Dr assured me she would send her own daughter to this hospital(should have asked her if she liked her daughter) and that is was just for labs after all. So we reluctantly went. They did labs.. assured me I needed fluids I agreed because I was drinking and eating nothing and really wanted the magical effect that fluids seem to have on my little ones. So I gowned up and layed waiting for my magic treatment. Samantha was drinking water fast as she could to escape the same fate. My hesitancy for this hospital was proven shortly after they ran the fourth bag of fluid into my body in a very short period of time. After using the facilities man did I feel SO MUCH WORSE... so what do I hear them say from the galley "Admit her" NOOOOOO I think.. not here... So I calmly prayed that God would make it clear to me why I would need to stay there, I prayed he had someone for me to talk to about Christ, Down Syndrome whatever just a good reason.(He did) The hospital stay was so unsettling I broke out the next day although I would have really benefited from another day. I kept pretending I was in Africa and in the lap of luxury. :)
To come to date.. Samantha was up most of the day yesterday.. today, I am able to blog then perhaps a nap.:) Samantha has less and less of a glow each day.. we keep saying I am a couple days behind her. I pray.. All this said God is great and greatly to be praised. He always is isn't he? Amen!!
Now to clear up some of the where did you get it?
Initially it was thought a local Mexican restaurant that I took Samantha to the day after her birthday she and I had a quick lunch and are the only two with Hep. It was my understanding that Henry and Camille had been checked for this when I took them to the adoption clinic. However I was wrong. They have now been tested so we will see if one of them is the carrier. The Health dept has been out to give those who needed immunized the IG shot. Not the Hep A vaccine as it is grown in aborted fetal tissue. www.cogforlife.com
No this has not been a fun two and a half weeks. Morgan has had almost full duty since Gary works and is now in charge of running us all around to do labs and see Dr's. Our friends have been amazing and my fridge runneth over. What peace of mind this gives a Mom to know her family is eating wonderful food, even though she cannot:):):):) Samantha and I can basically eat bread without angering our livers.We like bread so it's ok. However the meals brought in look so good.
And NO I am not sorry to have brought Henry and Camille into our home. Perhaps I should spend more time in prayer for the binding of Satan against my family. Yet Henry and Camille are still gifts from God.. the scabies,ring worm, Hep A, Impentigo, all just bonus learning experience. It's how you handle it that counts. With each child in our home birth or adopted..there are not mistakes....human error has certainly caused their stories to be "off society's norm book" the uniqueness that brought each child to our home makes me so proud to be a part of. How one could look into the face of a child knowing we are ALL created in the image of God and say whew you are to much trouble, you are really not worth it. Well I am a diamond that has taken many many years of polishing and I am just starting to shine a little Oh how grateful I am that Jesus has never looked at me and said " Tiffany you, you are just to much trouble." Sorry I'm not going to be there for you anymore.
Praise God for his Faithfulness, Praise God for his Mercy, Praise God for his Grace.
Then remember Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.... Then Praise God again.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh gosh... I hope you all get to feeling better soon... boy have you been in for a wild ride. Your kids are precious... worth every ache and pain!

Christina Hubbard said...

Tiffany- We have all been praying for you! Hope you are feeling better soon. We found out last Friday that there may be a delay in getting a court date. UUGH- My heart was pretty heavy for about 3 days and now I am working through it...with God's help!
Keep us informed.

Tina

MyLinda said...

Very well said! Hope you and Samantha continue to feel better! And as always, if you need ANYTHING, I'm just a phone call away!

Mandy said...

So sorry to hear about all the health issues. Praying your family is healed soon.
BTW if it makes you feel any better, we have been battling ringworm since the kids went back to school!! AGH, it seems to be the gift in this house that won't stop giving!!! LOL

Cinda said...

Sorry to hear you have been so ill! You are in my prayers.