So here we are at the Tokoul orphanage waiting(could we possibly wait any longer.
There was laundry hanging on the lines, lots of laundry the poor ladies who must wash all those clothes by hand.:( We stood there ready to take the children in our arms as soon as they appeared. Then it happened three nannies with three babies whose were they?? The Waits got there twin girls so cute and the Peobles' little girl were the first to arrive, what a beautiful moment seeing families united after such a long wait. Two more nannies two more babies would they be ours, no the two precious little girls went into Ms. Moore's waiting arms. The Peobles and Ms. Moore went into the little visiting room while the Waits and ourselves hung out outside. Where were Henry and Camille???
They came and asked us again what our children's names were we told them Metesabia and Meskerem. One of the Waits little girls was also named Meskerem and they pointed to her and said this is Meskerem. Well the girls were obviously twins, that wasn't our girl. The nannies went back inside when they came out a few minutes later they told us we could go in. We walked past the laundry lines to the back door to the building Dad had his video camera out but they asked us to turn it off because of the other children. On the left side of the hallway we could see babies and toddlers in the different rooms.
A small room on the right side of the hallway is where we were told to wait. They closed the door when they left and I was praying they would open it any minute and there would be our kids. A minute later the Waits came in to feed there babies(the nannies had brought them bottles). The nannies and Tesfaye(our driver) came in again asking for Henry and Camile's numbers, thankfully we had been told we would need the numbers so Dad had them ready, then we were left to wait again. I was dying inside could they be at another orphanage, could they have already been adopted, Where were they?!?!?!
Then the door opened and there they were Camille was given to Dad and Henry was placed in my arms, as I held him I thought I never want to let him go. I looked into his beautiful eyes and stroked his soft hair, as my fingers touched his forehead he looked up and smiled. He was beautiful his smile made all that waiting worth it. How could we have lived without him? The Waits were very kind and took some picture for us even though they too had there hands full. I then had to give Henry up though it was only to Dad. Camille looked at us like who are you and what is going on here. Poor thing her face was swollen and she had just had the chickenpox so she still has scabs all over her.:( She didn't seem to impressed with me, but she did like the bubbles Mrs. Waits had brought. While we were holding Henry and Camille it started to rain OK pour outside. I felt so bad for the poor nannies as they ran to get the laundry off the line, all that work.:(
Our time with the kids seemed to fly by(unlike all the waiting before)I didn't want to give them back, but I knew though i would miss them and couldn't wait to see them again they were happy because this was their home. So i kissed them goodbye and gave them back to their loving nannies.
On the drive home we all talked about the kids, how old they were how beautiful they were and of course how we couldn't wait to go back tomorrow. Back at the guesthouse we had dinner and headed up to our rooms. I repacked my diaper bag though I knew we wouldn't be checking them out for a few more days, I was just so excited. I was in another country in a beautiful city with beautiful people and now the children we had been waiting for for so long were real and not too far away. As I laid in bed and prayed for my family close to me and across the world I just couldn't believe how blessed I was. What a wonderful first day in Ethiopia.
Morgan
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Hey Morgan,
Great writing! Can't wait to hear about how the rest of the days went while you were there! It makes me wonder about what it will be like when we get to go get ours.
Morgan~
How blessed your family is to have such a wonderful loving big sister. I am so anxious to hear more of your story! I am taking notes to better prepare me for the trip.
Still praying!!!!!
I love reading about your trip through your eyes! I would have been totally freaking out when they didn't bring out the kids right away!!
Thanks for sharing so much with us, Morgan. I love reading the story from your point of view. I was so thankful to be able to talk with you on the phone when Henry was in the hospital. You are such a sweet and polite young woman. :)
Love,
Lisa
Post a Comment