Ok so maybe this is not the best picture however it does capture his
honery personality. Henry could be the poster child for Down Syndrome. You know when people say those Downs kids they are so loving,,,,, then I say you don't know anyone with Down Syndrome do you?? Because we all know they can be just as if not more strong willed then those plain
ol regular kids. However those with Down Syndrome do have what I say is the purest closest to Jesus Love I believe you can find here on earth. They love most people regardless of age, size, race, social status.. if they are going to like you they are going to love you. Henry is just that he smiles and flirts with you so you must smile back at him. He does not like his bath however as soon as you put the towel around him he just smiles at you all forgiving. His skin looks so much better,, have you ever slathered your child with Olive oil? It makes them
soooo soft. Henry is holding his head up a bit better now. He also rolls pretty around pretty good. We are
working on eating solid foods. Even with milk he tends to push some out with his
tongue. Making for a messy meal time. It also takes him about an hour to finish a bottle... any suggestions anyone??? Peter is still trying to get someone to return these beauties. Overall I think what ticks him off the most is that he wants their bottles. He is a lover of the bottle. Henry is a joy. Every once in awhile I look at him and just say.........WOW your the boy in the picture... Amazing.
~~~Tiffany~~~
5 comments:
Mine would take about an hour or more as well, but he was younger. It just takes time and PATIENCE! He began with an NG tube too. I also had to do that special hold on the bottle, where you support the chin and hold the cheeks around the bottle - it's the one that at first, you'd swear you need five hands just to feed them the bottle! Bye the time he was probably about 1 or so, he was eating two bowls of rice crispies for breakfast! Now we look at him, amazed he ever had a feeding problem!
He is so sweet! You can tell from the picture. I would love to meet both of them. Congratulations on your two little sweethearts! :)
Oh my gosh, he is so beautiful! I could kiss him all day!! All I can recommend is a feeding/speech therapist? They may have some tricks. You might try placing, and pressing shut his mouth, with your fingers under his chin when feeding, or pursing his lips with your fingers around the nipple a bit? That may help if it's a "suction" issue. If it's due to his getting short of breath d/t his cardiac issues, that will get better after his repair. That's what we experienced.
Blessings on such a lovey boy!
Wow! It is so great to see him home!!! I have seen him on the RR website for so long. He is such a gorgeous boy. And your little sweet princess is beautiful! I am so, so happy for you...and for them, too!!!
He looks like he could get into a little trouble. It's that little spark in his eye that says it all!! What a cutie.
Have a blessed one...It is almost 4pm so don't think the call is coming today! :(
Post a Comment