Monday, June 1, 2009

What are you known for?

Yesterday on Kansas news there was the telling of yet another murder. Why is this "one" murder gaining such attention. The man murdered was somewhat known, not only in Kansas but across the nation. Some say he was known for his compassion. Some say he was known for how much he "helped" others .... But mostly he was known for his work, everyday he got up out of bed went to work thinking he was going to help others... who were those others? Well women over the years these women add up to hundreds and thousands of pregnant women. Wow someone to help pregnant women.. what a nice man??!!?? His job was one that most would not do as a matter a fact one of the comments made on the news was how he was one of the only people who did such work in our nation. If you hear all this about the murdered man your initial emotional reaction may be one of sorrow. Mine well I have not fully decided how I feel about this murder. The man I am writing about is George Tiller ...known to many as "Tiller the baby Killer" He was a 67 year old many with a wife and two daughters. In 1973 he opened a clinic to perform abortions and is best known by many as the man that helps women by performing late term abortions...... After that statement I hope you heart turns to sorrow for the hundreds and thousands of babies he kept from having life on this beautiful Earth. Also there should be much sorry for his wife and daughters. One of the real shockers is that this man was shot in his Church.. yes I said church......It amazes me to think that almost all my life.. I was born in 1970.. every work day this man got up and killed babies.... the first thing I thought as I turned and looked at my beautiful Maggie and Peter is oh soon they will have more friends like them. Just think of all the women who had prepared themselves to go to Tiller this week and have their babies aborted. So does that statement make Tillers death a reason to celebrate? That at least some if not many will have their babies because they are so far in their pregnancy's that they will not be able to find anyone to "help them". Praise God for this. Two things were commented to me yesterday that I would like to share. One it was said that if a gunman had taken out Hitler that man would have been called a hero... is abortion not a war? The other was this.... Do you think Tiller had to walk past the estimated 60,000 babies he had killed as he walked to judgement? Oh that thought alone sends chills down my arms and causes me to immediately make sure I am in check with my God. I am sure it is clear...we are a Pro-Life family......not for our Glory but for HIS....
May we all hold not only those who loved Tiller up in prayer, but we MUST remember all the women who "were" on his books to be "helped" by this man....
So What are you known for???
Tiffany
Planned parent hood as assured the public that they will keep their clinics open to "help" those who Tiller was not able ....... May God open the eyes to all who desire to do this work.

3 comments:

June Berger said...

Very well put.

Missy said...

I, too, thought to myself wondering if he was "greeted" after death by all of the babies that he killed. He would have to look at all of them in their heavenly glory. Of course, I don't know what happened (is happening) but it's interesting to think about. I'll bet God sure gave (is giving) him a good "talking to", though!!!!!!

Jenny said...

I am sad when anyone is murdered but it is so ironic that he left this world being murdered not knowing what was coming to him...sitting in a peaceful warm place like Church and quickly taken out of it within seconds...hmm it kind of mirrors those innocent babies that also were in that warm safe place and he murdered them. I pray that God helps open his eyes and he is sorry for all that he has done. He may have been a wonderful father, husband,doctor to those women and friend but he was an enemy to those babies.