Whew.. What a whirlwind last five months it has been.
We have had more illness and flooky medical things in the past five months then truly in the last five years. It has been trying at times. There have been many nights where dinner time has come around, the kids look at me like well where is it and I have not even begun to think about it. Henry have never even been to church to meet our family there. Time has flown and I would not trade even a part of one day. Not even last week and the stomach flu. No really.. all those bad times are the water you mix with the rock(life) to make the cement that bonds your home together. Sometimes I wonder how other families become bonded. Now that said I have learned that mixing infants/toddlers with teenagers can be challenging. Learning how to enroll a child in college while potty training and helping another learn to crawl. All good yet so different. The good news is Maggie is potty trained.. I knew we had arrived after she hurled all over the living room (which I thanked her for.. my carpets and furniture are all freshly cleaned now) see good in every bad.. anyway she emptied her tummy kicked off her panties then turned went to the bathroom sat on the potty and wnet. I just beamed as I changed my hurled on tshirt. Oh I am proud. Henry is coming along, he can now feed himself finger foods. Still won't drink from a cup, is rolling all over.. he can roll to wherever he desires to go. He rolls to the hall.. turns his body.. rolls down the hall..turns his body.. goes in a room. It is very clever. Camille is just running and climbing up a storm she is working hard on picking up speech. She loves the outdoors and is afraid of nothing. She is becoming a bit picky on her eating but overall just likes to eat.
Peter is also picking up more speech. He continues to be my biggest fan.. truly applauding when I enter a room. I tease my girls and tell them not to consider a man until he reacts to them as Peter does to me when I enter a room. 8) Big shoes to fill.
Like I said Maggie is potty trained.. for me that is triumph enough for now. She still continues to be Sunshine in our lives.
As for the rest.. they are great.. growing,learning patiently waiting for spring.
It is just around the corner.. the grass is beginning to green.
We praise God for the winter.. we praise God for the rain..and we will praise God for the sunshine that is soon to follow.
Have a wonderful day in Christ.
~T
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
My car is VERY clean after yesterday too, so I do understand on some level :). We also have infant twins expected from Ethiopia and a 15 1/2 year old at home :). LOVE the way you look at things. God is SO good!!!
Great to hear an update from you. I continue to pray daily for your family. I LOVE your comments on our blog. We are certainly head over heels in love with him!! We have certainly been blessed by this whole experience. Praying you all stay healthy and WAY TO GO MAGGIE!!!!!
Glad to hear an update on how things are going for you...since we don't seem to get the chance to talk very often right now :)
Post a Comment