Sunday, January 10, 2010

What's up??

Well lots and lots of immeasurable stuff. You know laundry, dished, diapers,baths, and again wiping noses....just a couple but a couple to many in my book.
We have had a lot of snow here. Matter a fact Gary was unable to come home for several days. We just hunkered down and had some hot chocolate. It was all good. Funny how we all want snow and then after about three days all we can do is complain about the snow. Oh we humans never content. Since our Ethiopian beauties have been home we have had seemingly one thing after another.. I think it is like this in some home all the time but not typically in ours. Hmmmm Satan alive and well. I think so.
Our latest is some weird splotches on Camille, when they first came home we did have ringworm and some other stuff. Now she has something. We can't seem to get rid of. It seemed to be coming from her scalp... sooooooo Wednesday eve..well we did it. We shaved her head. Oh my goodness... she is so cute.. It was interesting. She just sat so still. When we were done she hopped in the bath and was happy as a lark in the spring. Now we can see her head is covered with these little pencil eraser size spots. We have a couple creams we put on them and have a Derm appointment soon. She used to just scratch her scalp and cry now no more. Her hair is already growing back. It had grown about two inches since her arrival in America so it will grow fast she is not shy eater so her vitamin intake is good.
Perhaps if I am brave later I will post a picture.
In the last few weeks we have really seen a tremendous change in both Henry and Camille for the better. Henry still cries at night but does go typically without a bottle in the night. Camille only wakes up about every third night and refuses to go back to sleep without some comforting touch and milk. She was screaming out in the night about every hour so we have made great progress. Henry's latest thing is his belly. He is bloating up a lot, he is ok till afternoon then he just bloats up like I took a pump and pumper him full of air. He has also been spitting up which is not normal for him but seriously he is all bloated up. No, no diet changes, yes he poops occasionally, and no I don't overfeed him. Just to rule those out. 8) We'll pop him by the Pedi's office on Monday and see what she thinks. They are both amazingly non picky eaters. Not like Peter who just wants applesauce all of a sudden. Applesauce and crackers that is..... Silly boy.
Hope you have been able to find some pleasure in the cold weather and snow. Our kids have .. our lake only freezes every so many years so you can only play on the ice if we have a winter like this. That is my joy in this cold their excitment to live dangerously on the ice... That and all the Hot chocolate breaks we have taken together.
Have a wonderful Lords day, Remember Jesus loves you....
~~~~Tiffany~

5 comments:

BlessedMom62 said...

Good luck on the scalp spots and on the bloating. Keep us updated! Could the bloating and spitting up be a sign of a hernia or gall bladder? I know people bloat with gall bladder problems... I'll say prayers!

Kat said...

Hi! I'm probably TOTALLY wrong, but we've experienced similar. You probably (also) already know this, but scalp ringworm can only be "killed" with oral meds...and we had a really rough time getting rid of a different kind of ringworm (the scalp ringworm went away pretty quickly).... the bloating sounds like what my friend went through at TWO years home from Ethiopia with Giardia! Her daughter repeatedly tested negative, but had the symptoms. Apparently high enough Giardia samples are not present in MANY samples...it's kind of a hit and miss, "catch me if you can" thing.

Again, I'm probably TOTALLY wrong on this :)...not unusual for me, but just in case I thought I'd share:). Praying for quick recovery from the most recent breakouts!

Ninemire said...

Kat,
He did have Giardia when he came home. And because he has been blessed with Down Syndrome he has a higher chance of having Celiac.
The Pedi and I did talk about an oral med and just have not for some reason.. she offered the other day and we got off on another topic..probably the bloating..
I am going to ask to treat the Giardia again.
Thanks You are probably all right..
Tiffany

BlessedMom62 said...

Checking to see how the scalp and tummy problems are clearing up?

Anne said...

my daughter had ringworm of the scalp when she was little when we first got her. It will go away with oral meds, I had to go to 2 different pediatrician, the first didn't even know what it was. The second one gave her oral meds and it cleared right up. Giardia is also hard to get rid of, good luck with your kids. Anne