They came back, my fingerprints which is what we have been waiting for. Yes!!! We could not even understand why they were taking so long. So what's next. Well the Home study becomes "officially" complete and we now have copies, yes official notarized copies. Those of you who adopt understand. Nothing, really nothing happens until you have this step totally completed. So what does that mean? It means we are in our Second Paper Trimester! Yeah and Praise the Lord. So what next well the humorous part is more fingerprints. This time Gary, Samantha (because she is 18) and I all headed off to our not so local INS office. No biggie bring piles of paperwork and wait. Then go back to get your super duper cool digital fingerprints done. After the nice guy did my prints repeatedly he finally said that he needed to do a copy in ink also so that when my digitalis were rejected the would have the ink to check them with. Turns out I have a slightly scarred pinkie... all my hard work in life just holding up our adoption.
So now we wait, wait for our INS approval. That is when the real fun begins. I can't wait until that approval comes. When that comes you rush to the bank, make sure everything is there and notarized. Then up to Topeka, over to down town Mo. All of your Ks, documents have to be certified in Ks. Any birth certificates from Mo. must be certified in Mo. Thankfully there is an office downtown. I thought I would have to go all the way to the Mo. Capital to get them certified. Whew. Saved a day of driving. Then overnight them to the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington then.. Wait. However at that point it is almost like waiting for labor. Hopefully nesting will begin at that point. I can't wait for nesting. So much adrenalin so much organizing getting done... whew love that!
Thanks for following along with us on our African Adventure, what an adventure it is...................
Tiffany
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Great news! Praying your wait will be short. What a relief it will be to have all of your paperwork done.
Tina
Glad to hear things are moving along!
Post a Comment