December 14, 2008 was anything but a typical Sunday...
It was the date I had given my family as to my answer to the BIG question... To go or not to go? After much prayer, consideration, and searching God's will, well the answer was clear. "Lets go get him".
"Him" was a little one year boy in Africa - Ethiopia that is, which somehow has survived with a heart defect and an extra 21st chromosome otherwise known as Down Syndrome. We have already been blessed with 2 kids with the very special chromosome (Maggie and PJ). He has yet to be 'officially' named - but I am leaning toward "Spud" - my wife winces at that. We have started climbing the mountain of paperwork and have even submitted our fingerprints to our local police department - very entertaining. We are all very excited to get on with this life adventure. I must admit I am confident of our direction, yet a little anxious also. We have adopted from of our state foster care system, and even an out-of-state adoption. Africa is certainly a little bigger trip full of more uncertainties and questions.
So we begin our quest for "Spud" and are so very excited for our days ahead - I hope you enjoy our story - hopefully one with a happy ending.
Gary (Big Dad)
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Great blog. Thanks for letting me know about it. I'm praying for you.
~Lisa (aka. Leslie) :)
I'm so excited for your family!
Amanda (RR)
This is going to be an awesome adventure for you guys. You will be in our prayers and please keep us in your prayers as well as we embark on the same journey...just a few steps behind you.
This is so exciting...Listening to God is hard at times, especially in the world we live...it is a scary time but how exciting for your family and what a blessing for spud....what will our walking name be now...PJ's spuds and the sunshine band???
U guys are awesome-What a blessing! We too are from Kansas and considering Ethiopia as our next adoption SPOT!
Your a better man than I am....
When you take your trip. Insure that Morgan stay with you at all times. That she is at an arms length away. One like her would be kidnapped in a second so be careful.
Post a Comment